If you open system folder (Windows folder) for the first time, Windows will show a warning. You can see folder content after you click ‘Show folder’ or ‘Show the whole content of this folder’, but after your first click Windows will deactivate this feature, and next time you open this folder there will be no warning again. You can activate this warning again if you want, follow these steps to do this:
- Click Start > Run > type ‘regedit’ > click Ok button. This will open Registry Editor window.
- From left pane find this path:
- From right pane find entry ‘shell:Windows’. Double click that entry and change its value from 0 to 1. If you change this entry, warning will showed if you open Windows main folder.
- You can change entry ‘shell:System’, if you want warning showed when you open System32 folder. Double click that entry and change its value from 0 to 1.
- Close your Registry Editor.
Now try to open Windows folder, Windows will show a warning.