Friday, December 15, 2006

Hide Control Panel from Start menu.

I don’t like it, if another user change my computer setting especially when that changes cause error on my computer and in the end still I have to fix that problems. Maybe you’ll have same opinion with me. Control Panel is one way to change our computer setting, before I learned this trick I always wonder if I can hide Control Panel, that would be very helpful for me, since my computer used by more than 2 person and some of them have administrator account. Well ... if you want to learn this trick, here I will share this trick with you.
  1. Click Start > Run > type ‘regedit’ to open Registry Editor window.
  2. Find this path from left pane: HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software| Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion|Policies | Explorer
  3. Make new entry (click Edit |New | Dword Value), named it ‘NoControlPanel ‘, double click it and assign value ‘1’ to Value data.
  4. Click Ok button.Close your Registry Editor window, and then restart your computer.

No comments: