- Open My Computer and right-click the hard drive you wish to enable the feature on.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Quota tab.
- Check the Enable quota management checkbox.
- Check the Deny disk space to users exceeding their quota limit checkbox. This will cause the user to receive an insufficient disk space error their space limit is exceeded.
- Select the Limit disk space to radio button.
- Set the amount of disk space to be allocated to the user.
- Enter value for the Set warning level to option.
- Click OK.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Enable Disk Quotas.
Your hard drive must be formatted with NTFS to be able to use disk quota. This is the right tip if you are an administrator, and you want to restrict used of hard disk volume for your user. Disk Quotas are based on file ownership (which means that it counts against the one who owns it). Follow these steps to enable disk quotas: