To prevent this happened you can set up your Windows XP to delete temporary file every time you shut down your computer, but of course this will take a little bit time and make your shut down time longger. Follow these steps to do this:
- Click Start > Run > type ‘regedit’. This will open Registry Editor window.
- Find this path from left pane:
- Double click ‘ClearPageAtShutdown’ (right pane).
- Change it’s value form 0 to 1. If you can’t find ‘ClearPageAtShutdown’ then make a new one (click Edit > New > Dword Value).
- Close Registry Editor window, restart your computer.