- Use Windows Explorer to locate the Winexit.scr file in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit folder on your hard disk.
- Right-click the Winexit.scr file, and then click Install.
- The Display Properties dialog box appears with the Screen Saver tab active. The Logoff Screen Saver entry is automatically selected. Click Settings.
- Select the Force application termination check box to force programs to quit.
- In the Countdown for n seconds box, type the number of seconds for which the logoff dialog box appears before the user is logged off.
- In the Logoff Message box, type the message that appears during the logoff countdown. Click OK.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click Preview.
- You see the Auto Logoff dialog box. It displays the logoff message and the countdown timer. Click Cancel.
- Click OK.
Applies to Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition.