- Click Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System. This will open System Properties window.
- Click Advanced tab > Environment Variables button. This will open Environment Variables window.
- Make new entry in System variables section (click New button in System variables section). This will open New System Variable window.
- Type in ‘ devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices ‘ in Variable name, and for Variable value type in ‘1’. Click Ok button (New System Variable window). Click Ok button ( Environment Variables window).
- Back to System Properties window, click Hardware tab > click Device Manager button. This will open Device Manager window.
- Click View > Show hidden devices, devices that we don’t use anymore will showed with transparent icons. You can uninstall them now(Right click on it and choose Uninstall).
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Detect and clean up junk drivers.
We installed so many different hardware in our computer, some of them we don’t use it anymore, and driver of that device still reside in your computer, this could trigger potential problem. Here how to detect them and remove these junk drivers: